Don’t feel like waiting until you Droid is prompted to update to FRG22D? Then manually update now and enjoy full Flash 10.1 in all its glory well before the rest of the world. The guys at Android Forums have discovered the file and we’re bringing it to you live right now!
*NOTE 1* – UNIVERSAL ANDROOT DID NOT ROOT THIS BUILD. IF YOU WANT TO ROOT, I SUGGEST FOLLOWING OUR INSTRUCTIONS INSTEAD OF UPDATING TO THIS.
*NOTE 2* – There is a chance you will lose root should you update to this from FRG01B. While the update file is only 1.6MB, it sounds like it is still capable of breaking root. Avoid for now if you wish to stay rooted.
Instructions to manually install the FRG22D Froyo Update on your Motorola Droid:
*THIS IS ONLY FOR NON-ROOTED STOCK 2.2 USERS RUNNING FRG01B.
Make sure it is named UPDATE.ZIP! The Google link will need to be renamed.
3. Turn your phone off.
4. Boot into recovery (Hold Power + X).
5. Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release Power and X.
6. Hit the volume up and camera button (half-way down) at the same time.
7. Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip” and press in the gold button on the D-Pad.
8. Your phone will now run the update.
9. When it finishes, use the D-Pad to select reboot phone.
10. Your phone will reboot with Android 2.2, build FRG22D.
Flash was there for us immediately! Let us know if you run into any issues.
Source: Android Forums
Cheers Brent and NickMili!