That was quick. Phone just got released to media members yesterday and someone has already started ripping goodies from it. First up, the multi-touch keyboard. Yay!
I was able to get this to work on my non-rooted Droid Incredible flawlessly and should also work on a 2.1 Droid. With that said, I was unable to get it to work on my 2.2 Froyo Droid. Apparently it will work with Froyo, but my JRummy’d version didn’t like it.
*For all users. Rooted and non-rooted.
1. Download this file to your SD card: repackaged-signed.apk
2. Once it finishes, tap on it and then click “Install.”
3. When that finishes, exit out and go into Settings>Language & Keyboard
4. Check the box for “Multi-touch keyboad.”
5. Exit out and open a text box, long press and choose “input method.”
6. Select “multi-touch keyboard.”
Please let us know in the comments if you get this to work on a 2.2 ROM or stock 2.1 Droid. Thanks!
And another big thanks is in store for the guys at XDA Forums for porting this over. Amazing work again.
This has also been added to our downloads page.
Source: XDA Forums
Some of our best videos.