Amazon brings us another app dedicated to solving our cluttered app drawers. All the different IM services have their own dedicated apps, so why not just have an app to combine them all. Just like Trillian, IM+ Pro looks to clean up the clutter and straighten all your IM clients up into one easy to use app.
You can combine AOL, GTalk, Yahoo IM, Facebook Chat, MSN, Skype and many more with this excellent app. The app runs a steep $10 regularly, so definitely go steal it from Amazon for free.
Cheers everyone who sent this in!
With the release of Facebook’s new cross platform messenger, we saw a lot of talk about not needing another messaging app in this arena and then started wondering which app was the most popular. All of us have Google Talk built right into Android and use it frequently, but we know that many of you use apps that cover multiple social networks and messaging platforms for chatting (Trillian) as well as stand-alone messengers like Kik.
We tossed together a quick list of some of the more popular, but wanted you guys to let us know which was the top dog. Everyone fall back on Gtalk or is there another app we should be checking out? If we didn’t list your favorite, please drop it in the comments.
One of our favorite chatting apps, Trillian, is today’s free app from the Amazon Appstore. Normally priced at a $4.99 (which is silly), I’d definitely recommend grabbing this one before the end of today. Trillian connects to services like AIM, Facebook Chat, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, and ICQ, which pretty much covers them all.
Trillian has easily been our app of choice for chatting on Gtalk, Facebook or any other IM app, but today it went official and now comes with a price tag. You can grab this stellar IM app in the market for $4.99…yikes. The beta I have appears to still be working, but I’m guessing they’ll figure out a way to kill it before too long. We’re also trying to decide what’s new or different in the official market version…any guesses?
We knew Trillian and its messaging wonders were headed to Android and we are pleased to see that it has been announced already. This is one of those long standing messaging apps from the PC that supports almost everything including Facebook chat and has now been ported to Android. After just a few quick minutes with it, I can tell you that I’ve dropped Meebo and will now use Trillian.
Download it now from the Trillian site.
Trillian, the ultimate instant messaging program, is headed to Android in the next few weeks. If you can’t handle Meebo or some of the other IM options currently available, then this should be locked into your radar. I can remember when Trillian was just getting its start back in the early 2000s and to see it heading to the good guy mobile OS is definitely exciting.
The features you can expect…
- Connect to Facebook Chat, Windows Live, Yahoo!, AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP and MySpaceIM
- Synchronize your contacts, avatars, status, accounts and more with your Trillian-enabled desktop or mobile apps
- Get notified easily with Android notification system integration
- Contact list sorting, grouping, metacontacts support, privacy settings and various ways to organize
- Set status, avatar and display name quickly in one simple screen
- Tabbed chat windows with bubble view, photo transfer, buzz and emoticon support
- Support for Android phones as far back as version 1.6 – works with your good old T-Mobile G1 or the newest HTC Evo 4G or Motorola Droid!
- We took special care and respect to design and build the user interface to smoothly integrate with Android – this is not just a clone from the iPhone!
Anyone else feelin’ some Trillian? Facebook chat anyone?