Yes, I know it is only January, but it’s time to start getting your taxes in order. Maybe if they weren’t such a hassle, we wouldn’t dread doing them every year? TurboTax is looking to change that this year with their new SnapTax app for Android devices. If you have a 1040EZ form to fill out this year, you can do it right from your tablet or phone. (more…)
Your financial world needed some tablet action and Mint.com is here to give it to you. Released just moments ago to the Android Market, the new Mint app works all of the wonders of the phone version, but in a much bigger and more pronounced way. Your accounts are more easily organized, detailed graphs of spending are taps away, and tracking your wife’s shopping sprees never felt better. Or does that ever feel good?
No matter what though, the folks at Mint are betting on Android gobbling up 40% of the tablet market share in the next few months, so they want to make sure their bases are covered. Why can’t we get more developers like this?
- Organize all accounts: One tap gives users a complete overview of their finances; helps them review account balances and automatically categorizes transactions.
- Obtain financial insight: Detailed graphs drill into spending by category, such as food, clothing and travel, or spending over time; provide customizable date ranges for a personalized view.
- Stay on top of spending: Personalized budgets track spending help users reach financial goals.
- Get personalized updates: Streaming delivery of account alerts, bill reminders and personalized advice provides the most up-to-date information and helps people make smart financial decisions.
- Track cash spending: Enter cash transactions while on the go to more accurately capture spending.
- Easily find transactions: The search bar helps users find specific transactions or purchases by merchant, category or tags.
- Review finances anywhere: No Internet? No problem. Storing information from the latest download allows easier viewing of finances, anytime, anywhere