The Seven+ crew that has worked countless hours to try and port some of the minimalistic Windows Phone 7 apps over to Android. We have seen the calculator along with a UI changer in the past, but today’s release might be the most influential yet. StatusBar+ allows you to change the style and color of your device’s notification bar without having root access, something that to our knowledge, has never been done before. You can set it to start on boot up and even change the colors of notifications and the background.
on my Galaxy SII and Bionic, I was able to set the StatusBar+ as my notification bar, but only the clock will show. I’ve reached out to the dev to see why notifications and signal icons will not show on these two devices, but I suggest you check out the free version to see if it will work correctly on yours before buying.
*Note 2 – and I’m an idiot. Just tap on the notification bar and will display all of your icons. Fantastic app.
*Note 3 – the signal strength appears to be broken. There is no way I have full 4G coverage here. A bug that will likely be worked out.
Oh, and they have opened sourced the project, so I’m sure we will have some snazzy alternatives with similar functionality in the near future.
Market Links: Free | Paid
More info can be found at this blog post.
(K, Picolas, and Tato)
Can you believe that it has been something like 3 months since we last had a “Show us your home screens!” day? Today’s event seems long overdue, so we’re hoping to see some really creative stuff now that there are hundreds of themes and app packs for both ADW and LauncherPro. We also have a variety of devices that we cover on a daily basis in this Android world including tablets like the Motorola XOOM and Galaxy Tab 10.1 that bring a whole new customization element into the game. This should be fun to watch.
For those that are new, what we’re asking for is a shot of one or all of your home screens in the comments followed by a little description of the setup. This is how we share ideas, widgets, clocks, wallpapers, icon packs, themes, etc. with the rest of the DL community.
As you can see up top, we’ve got the 3 home screens of the DL staff – dirty details of the looks will be posted in the comments.
Update: We’ve posted up the wallpapers that we are all using here.
*Note – Taking screenshots can be done by non-rooted users through the Android SDK or with a variety of screenshot apps from the market if rooted..
Show us your home screens!
Been a while since we took a day to let everyone show off the beauty that is their personalized home screen. And since a lot of you are rockin’ out with a new HTC Thunderbolt, we figured that you’ve probably had to change up that look a little. We also have a variety of new themes in the wild for the DX/D2 and OG, so let’s show them off!
If you missed out the last time we did this, here are the basic guidelines:
- Take screenshots of as many of your screens as you’d like using apps like drocap2 or ShootMe if you are rooted. Follow these instructions to take them using the Android SDK if not rooted.
- Upload your screenshots to an image hosting site like dropbox, Imgur or Tinypic. Paste the URLs to the images in the comments to allow everyone to see the images as click-able thumbnails.
- Comment on and “like” your favorites.
With your shots, list out some, all or more of the following info:
- Device (D1, D2, Incredible, DX, etc.)
- Current launcher
- Special wallpapers, widgets, icons
- Custom ROM if you are running one.
- Left: DROIDX | Right: Thunderbolt
- Stock launchers on both; Sense on the TBolt
- OreoSlice wallpaper pack on both, CircleLauncher, Circle Battery Widget, SimiClock on DX, BobClock on TBolt.
- Liberty 1.5 on DX. rEVOlution skin on TBolt.