Next week is the week of weeks around these parts, so that meant this week was full of lead-up stuff. For example, we started to see more official renders of devices like the Pixel, Pixel XL, and Chromecast Ultra. We also heard new rumors about “Andromeda,” the supposed Android and Chrome OS merge, and asked you what you were most excited for.
Outside of October 4 event stuff, we also watched Motorola lose over half of its staff, dealt with Android Wear 2.0 seeing a massive delay, gave a thumbs up to Google launching a new blog, and took you back to the days of the DROID Bionic.
Be sure to catch up! Next week is going to be nuts.
- WATCH: Droid Life Show episode 122 – Google event expectations! | Subscribe
- Pixel and Pixel XL get the 3D render treatment
- Pixel render | Pixel XL render | Chromecast Ultra render
- Poll: What are you most excited for at Google’s big event?
- “Andromeda” may be the big Chrome OS and Android merger
- Android Wear 2.0 has been delayed to 2017
- What if Huawei ditches Android Wear for Tizen?
- Moto Z and Moto G4 family to get Nougat starting in Q4
- Motorola\Lenovo also laid off a whole bunch of people this week
- DEAL: Chromecast Audio is just $25 right now
- Google’s new blog is called The Keyword and you should probably follow it
- Google is compiling a list of your most requested Allo features
- Allo: Still using it?
- #TBT: We did a special DROID Bionic look back
- Question: What’s your most underrated app?
- Google Maps has a bunch of sweet new voice commands worth learning
- Roku has a big lineup of new streaming media players, starting at $30
- Blackberry gives up on making their own phones
- Xiaomi Mi5s has a sweet under-glass fingerprint reader
- This icon pack is hot: Simpax
Stay off Twitter at 3AM.