We haven’t ever done this before, so apologies now if we forget something or this all comes off a bit awkward. But yeah, we want to hire a couple of people to join the DL team and help us explore some pretty big plans for 2015. Yes, Droid Life is hiring and actually talking publicly about it for once.
As long time readers will know, we are an independently owned news site and we like to carry a small staff. We don’t have some big ol’ corporate entity behind us, driving us to publish SEO posts on the regular and embarrass ourselves. If we want to embarrass ourselves, it’s our choice. We write about news, reviews, and anything else we think is cool, mostly because our readers tell us that they think it’s cool. We also aren’t interested in having 20+ staff members. We like our writers to become one with the community (that sounds cheesy, but it’s true), not just another robot posting Android news to post Android news.
You get the idea, right?
I’m going to keep this short because there is work to be done. But this is the deal in always-awesome, bulleted format. If you meet most (read: almost all) of these, then feel free to shoot us an email by following the instructions below:
- We are looking to hire a couple of writers on a part-time basis. Again, part-time. Maybe more than one. If you are looking for full-time work, we don’t have it.
- The positions are paid positions.
- Experience on some level would be great. We don’t necessarily want to train some fresh fish on how to construct an article in WordPress.
- East coast, west coast, it doesn’t really matter where you live, but you need to own a capable computer. A camera (outside of the one on your phone) would be great too.
- Liking Android and needing to know all things Android is probably a good thing, especially working a job where you need to talk with at least a mid-level amount of Android knowledge.
- An interest in attending a press event from time to time and not acting like a buffoon.
Test time (yeah, we’re mean like that):
- Because we really only want serious candidates, not just some random who thinks he might have some spare time on their hands from time to time, we have a test for you.
- To show us that you are serious (and so we can see if you can write more than a single sentence), submit to us two practice/test posts as attachments on current subjects that you think would make the cut on Droid Life. In other words, write for us two posts that you think would be seen on Droid Life in any given week.
- Feel free to show that personality, snark, knowledge, or anything else you think would make you a good fit for DL. You know who we are. Let us know who you are and what would make you a great addition to the team.
You can email us at email@example.com. If we don’t see attachments, we won’t even look at your email.
*Note – Keep in mind that we will do our best to read every single application that followed the instructions, but that doesn’t mean we will be able to get back to everyone. Thanks.