We sort of expected this week to be slow, since we are still waiting patiently for new phones from Samsung and HTC to arrive, but our time has been gobbled up by Lollipop updates, new apps, deals, pure hotness, and all sorts of Samsung Galaxy S6-related rumors. Android is pretty fun right now. Of course, it’s only going to get better in about a week and a half.
To catch up on the best Android news of the past week, we have a collection of stories for you below.
- Galaxy S6 Teasers: Metal & Glass | Performance & Charging.
- Samsung buys LoopPay, which is going to be awesome for mobile payments.
- Samsung has a wireless charging trick up its sleeves for the Galaxy S6.
- New HTC flagship confirmed to be another One model.
- Video: LG G3 Lollipop tour!
- Motorola is sending us something exciting, which might mean a new Moto E.
- Pebble has something to to announce too.
- Poll: Which OEM do you want to make the next Nexus phone?
- Hot Things: Phix | Typographical | Orbit UI
- Google Play is getting an update really soon.
- Deal: $4 for $18 in games.
- Deal: A whole bunch of good movies are just $5 in HD.
- Pretty cool video of Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S Edge renders.
- Google to give Wallet another big push?
- LG G Flex 2 arrives at Sprint on March 13. Pre-order open now.
- Good Move: A YouTube Kids app is coming February 23.
- Apps: IF & Do | Tomawatchi | Action Launcher | Pushbullet | Wear Charging.
- Android 5.1 likely coming in March.
- LG unveiled a new all-metal smartwatch called Watch Urbane. It’s, meh.
- Jony Ive is a douche.
Who you taking – Pacquiao or Mayweather?