Another week has come and gone in the Android world, leaving us with a lot of good news to think about over the weekend. The highlight from this week might be Verizon’s announcement of its “network optimization,” after we broke the story yesterday. If you are not a grandfathered Verizon customer, however, there was plenty of other things to keep you busy over these past five days.
Other news surrounded NVIDIA’s announcement of the SHIELD Tablet and SHIELD Controller, with our full review of the devices coming up very soon. In addition, we may have gotten out first look at Motorola’s upcoming Moto X+1 smartphone, Google looks to have finalized its purchase of Twitch for $1 billion, and LG announced a G3 model for overseas markets that features a Snapdragon 805 processor.
Here are the highlights in case you missed anything.
- Review: OnePlus One.
- Video: Tour of Google Play version 4.9.13.
- Hands-on with the Verizon LG G3.
- NVIDIA announce the SHIELD Tablet and SHIELD Controller.
- Verizon to throttle top percentage of unlimited data users.
- Could this be the Moto X+1?
- Google reportedly finalized deal to buy Twitch for $1 billion.
- Leaked screenshots show off Samsung’s Gear VR headset manager app.
- Chrome Beta updated with Material Design UI.
- Photos leak of Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Alpha.
- New root method released for LG G3 on AT&T and Verizon.
- LG announce new G3 model with Snapdragon 805, made for overseas markets.
- HTC might have leaked their own Android Wear smartwatch in this official video.
- Reported photo of 2nd generation Moto G leaked.
Have a great weekend, folks!