It was an action-packed week here at DL, topped off with the arrival of an LG G3 at our doorstep. It feels good to have this device in our hands again, and over the weekend, we will be putting it through much poking and prodding.
This week’s news focused a lot around Apple’s WWDC event, where the company announced iOS 8. For fun, we wrote up a few of the features we would like to see make their way to Android in the future, but we weren’t very fond of our beloved OS being called a toxic hellstew of vulnerability. Oh well, life goes on.
In other news, being more Android-related, Motorola announced a new “Try Then Buy” campaign for the Moto X, Android 4.4.3 was launched onto the masses, HTC announced the One (E8), and the NVIDIA SHIELD 2 went through the FCC. It was a packed week, to say the least.
If you missed anything, we have your highlights below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 61 [Subscribe]
- Contest: We’re giving away 10 tickets to Lookout’s Google I/O party.
- We have an LG G3, ask us what you want to know.
- Here are a few features we’d like to see come to Android after being announced for iOS 8.
- Motorola set to begin limited-time “Try Then Buy” campaign for Moto X.
- Motorola codenames leak, point to Verizon VoLTE.
- Android 4.4.3 update available for Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10.
- Amazon announced the date to reveal their 3D phone.
- HTC announces the One (E8), basically a plastic version of the One (M8).
- Moto 360 pictured on wrist, looks pretty massive.
- LG G Watch system dump leaks, we rip it apart to find goodies.
- Google announced a Project Tango tablet, powered by Tegra K1 and 4GB of RAM.
- T-Mobile VoLTE now live in San Francisco.
- T-Mobile and Sprint reportedly agree on price for acquisition.
- Moto X, Moto G, and Moto E all getting Android 4.4.3.
- DROID MAXX, Ultra, and Mini getting bumped to Android 4.4.3.
- NVIDIA SHIELD 2 hit the FCC.
- LG G3 for Verizon also stopped off at the FCC.
- HTC One Remix for Verizon pictured again.
- Qualcomm demoes Samsung prototype tablet, features 12.2″ 4K display and Snapdragon 801.
Enjoy the weekend, folks!