Another week has passed by, as we are already four months into 2014. As with most other recent weeks, these past five days were full of good Android news to cover and talk about. Of course, Google and others went all-out this year on April Fool’s Day, with a Google Maps gag to catch Pokémon, an Emojified version of the Android Chrome browser, and lots more.
We were also able to push out Episode 54 of The Droid Life Show, where we talked about Amazon’s new set-top box Fire TV and shared our official thoughts on the HTC One (M8).
Yup, it was a good week. All the action, in case you missed any of it, is right below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 54 [Subscribe]
- Video: HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition
- Video: 25+ HTC One (M8) tips and tricks.
- Hey HTC, don’t pretend you aren’t guilty of gimmicks.
- Best smartphone display available? It’s on the Galaxy S5.
- We rattled off our picks for the best apps and games of March.
- Moto X now shows it is “powered by Android,” and the new boot animation is sweet.
- Samsung announces the Galaxy Tab 4 line of tablets.
- An overhauled Camera app may be on the way for stock Android.
- AcDisplay, an Active Display app for non-Moto X handsets, got a huge beta update.
- Verizon’s still adjusting plans, looks to counter AT&T’s family plan deal with this one.
- Gmail may be due for a UI overhaul.
- Amazon announces Fire TV, $99 for a pretty sweet set-top box.
- Kovdev has a new icon pack on the horizon, you’ll see it a week from now.
- USB cables won’t suck anymore!
- Perhaps a premium Galaxy S5 really is on the way.
- Google launching its own wireless service?
- Project Ara is still on the way.
Have a great weekend, folks!