It was a busy week, with Google’s announcement of the Android Wear platform, followed by Motorola and LG’s unveiling of their very own smartwatches based on it. While the Moto 360 smartwatch seems to have everyone’s attention, other OEM partners include Samsung and HTC, which means we can expect to see a ton of wearable devices this year.
Besides the Android Wear craziness, which led to an eventful Droid Life Show on Wednesday, pre-order announcements for the Galaxy S5 began popping up all over the place. All major US carriers besides Verizon have announced pricing and availability, with most of them offering the device for $199 on a new two year contract.
Of course, it wouldn’t be right if there weren’t a few HTC One (2014) leaks here and there. Needless to say, we weren’t disappointed. Thanks to a leaked video, the world got its first real good look at Sense 6.0, which is to launch on HTC’s next flagship.
If you missed any of the highlights, we have them listed for you below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 53 [Subscribe]
- Video: Hands-on tour with the Android Wear SDK.
- Google unveiled Android Wear, its smartwatch platform.
- LG announced the G Watch, coming in Q2.
- Motorola announced the Moto 360, coming this summer.
- Motorola hosted a special Hangout for the Moto 360, here’s our recap.
- Ready to pre-order the Galaxy S5? AT&T | Sprint | T-Mobile | US Cellular
- Rumors swirling around the Moto 360′s specs.
- New leak gives detailed look at Sense 6.0 from HTC.
- Companies ready themselves to sell HTC All New One minutes after unveiling.
- The All New One to see launch at Verizon on March 25?
- Samsung’s Gear 2 and Gear Fit see official pricing.
- New report claims Google to begin production of Nexus 8 starting in July or August.
Have a great weekend, folks! Next week is HTC One (2014) week!