A new title hit Google Play this afternoon, Rochard from Recoil Games. The game is an interesting platformer, following a character that must solve puzzles and shoot baddies through five “long” chapters. The feel of the game is quite cartoonish, but the graphics are good. Different weapons and tools will help you get through various stages, which means not only are you entertained, but you will need to use your brain power every now and then.
Unfortunately, as cool as it looks, the game is only playable on Tegra 4 devices, which includes the SHIELD portable console and a handful of tablets. This move is quite disconcerting, so here’s hoping the developers release it to additional devices soon.
- 5 long Chapters crammed with fast-paced platforming action and mind-bending puzzles based on gravity
- A beautifully crafted cartoonish visual style, rich with humor and personality
- Incredible items able to influence gravity and grab, swing and throw objects to solve puzzles or get rid of enemies
- A groovy soundtrack composed by Markus “Captain” Kaarlonen from Poets of the Fal
- The legendary performance of Jon St. John as the voice of protagonist John Rochard
- The most advanced use of the Unity engine in a video game
Curious how to make a game not fun for most Android users? Make it a Tegra exclusive title.
Play Link ($6.99)