Just as we reported would happen, Verizon announced a new initiative called MORE Everything. The idea here is simple – Verizon is upping the data buckets on select plans, while keeping the price the same, hence the “more.” They are also upping bandwidth in major cities, handing out 25GB of cloud storage to select data plans, letting you upgrade faster with EDGE, and even giving discounts on lines if you participate in EDGE.
The new plans:
- 1GB (was 500MB) of data for $40
- 2GB (was 1GB) of data for $50
- 3GB (was 2GB) of data for $60
- All still included unlimited talk and text
Discounts with EDGE:
- If you participate in EDGE and have a data plan of 8GB or less, Verizon will cut $10 off per line.
- If you participate in EDGE and have a data plan of 10GB or more, Verizon will cut $20 off per line.
And that is the meat of it. We’ll work on a comparison of the current state of the four major carriers, if it’s even possible. Some are doing some wildly different things these days.