Not to be outdone by Google Play’s deep discounts, Amazon has announced their holiday sales for their own Appstore application, an alternate source for application purchases on Android known for its “free app of the day” sales. The deals include some premium paid apps such as Where’s My Perry? and Angry Birds Star Wars II for no cash on your end. Also, all users who download any app (appears to include downloads of free apps too) using the newest version of the Amazon Appstore on Android between the dates of December 24th and 28th will receive a $5 credit to use at any time on other applications and in-app purchases on the store.
Beyond the $5 promo, Amazon is also hosting all sorts of app bundles and deals from specific developers over the next few days. Companies like EA, Sega, and Gameloft are all featured with many titles at up to 65% off.
Here is the full list of deals from Amazon:
- Up to 65% off apps and games from top game developers including Electronic Arts, Sega of America and Gameloft on titles such as Bejeweled 2, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, Gangstar Vegas, and many others
- One-day only sale on Office Suite Pro 7 – only $0.99 (originally $14.99) on December 26th
- Free App of the Day bundles (savings of over $50):
- December 25 – Free App of the Day Welcome Pack, which includes; My Alarm Clock, Handrite Notes Notepad Pro, Stellarium Mobile Sky Map, Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga, SPC Music Sketchpad 2, PrinterShare Mobile Print, Moon Phase Pro
- December 26 – Free App of the Day Favorites, which includes; Daily Ab Workout, The Lost City, Voxel Invaders, Chimpact, Osmos HD, Fraction Calculator Plus, Ultimate Hangman HD, From Cheese and Business Calendar
- Free App of the Day deals:
- December 23 – Draw a Stickman: EPIC
- December 24 – Piano Master Christmas Special
- December 25 – Angry Birds Star Wars II
- December 26 – Where’s my Perry?
- December 27 – Quell Memento
- December 28 – Doodle Farm
Go grab those sweet Christmas deals!
Note: $5 promotional credit expires on March 31, 2014.