Sony issued a release today on its official blog, stating that Android 4.3 “Jelly Bean,” is now rolling out to Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra devices around the globe. Sony claims that they have been working hard with the new software, making sure that plenty of great user experiences are awaiting folks who update their devices.
For starters, Sony has implemented Smart Social Camera into the software for the Xperia Z Ultra, which is the company’s signature camera experience that launched with the Xperia Z1. Sony details the full changes owners should see, so if you’re toting an Xperia Z1 or Z Ultra around with you, check out the list.
Do we have any Sony owners here?
- Google’s Android 4.3; Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance & UI optimization and a smoother graphical experience
- Launched with Xperia Z1, we’re now bringing Sony’s Smart Social Camera to Xperia Z Ultra – our signature camera experience, that lets you download, access and enjoy “Xperia camera apps” directly from within the viewfinder
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and…
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration* - a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – more on this soon…
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business