Phew, what a week it has been here at DL and in the world of Android. To kick it off, Kit Kat OTA updates started rolling out for Nexus tablets, which folks have been happily downloading and enjoying. Motorola introduced the Moto G, a device with seemingly decent specs that will go on sale, without contract, for just $179. Game changer.
To top it all off, we saw more HTC M8 details hit the web, Moto’s CEO says Kit Kat will hit the Moto X within a couple of weeks, and a big Google Search update now allows for anyone running an Android 4.1+ device to use the Google Experience Launcher that is found on the Nexus 5. What a good week, indeed.
If you missed any of the craziness, we have listed all of the highlights down below.
- DL Q&A Sessions: Volume 16 answers.
- Download: Nexus 7 (2012) Android 4.4 OTA update.
- Download: Nexus 10 Android 4.4 OTA update.
- Download: Nexus 7 (2013) Android 4.4 OTA update.
- Motorola intros the Moto G, a spec’d out smartphone for just $179 off contract.
- Google retail shops popping up across America, right in time for Christmas shopping.
- More HTC M8 details leak, Snapdragon 800 and 5″ 1080p display.
- LG shows off Self Healing G Flex backside, blows our minds.
- Motorola CEO: Kit Kat hitting Moto X within weeks.
- Moto X soak test invites rolling out, could be Android 4.4.
- LG G2 in White for Verizon press render leaks.
- Video: Check out this sweet Star Trek Google Now easter egg.
- Android 4.4 factory images and binaries posted for Nexus devices.
- Google Search got a massive update, allows for GEL to be installed on any Android 4.1+ device.
- Samsung details reasons to use wrapped displays, could hit the market in 2014.
- Acer Chromebook with touchscreen detailed thanks to French faux pas.
- Galaxy Gear received an update, actually makes it useful.
- Facebook offered Snapchat $3 billion, got turned down.
- NVIDIA Tegra Note launches November 19, listed at just $199.
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!