This was the week many people in the Android community were waiting for, as Samsung took the stage in Berlin to unveil the Galaxy Note 3. Not only did we get the Note 3, but we also got a sweet new smartwatch to go with it called Galaxy Gear. Sure, you can only use it with Samsung devices and it costs $300, but we are sure there will be a few people sporting them in no time.
On top of the Samsung craziness, Google announced that Android 4.4 will be the next version number of our favorite mobile operating system. In a
strange awesome twist, they are calling it Kit Kat. You can’t make this stuff up, folks. As a cherry on top, a new device from LG (more than likely the next Nexus phone), hit the FCC. Yep, this week was one of the best ever.
If you missed any of this week’s news, we have recapped all of the highlights below.
- Video: Hands-on with the Galaxy Note 3.
- Video: Hands-on with the Galaxy Gear smartwatch.
- Video: Unboxing of the LG G2.
- Review: HTC One on Verizon.
- We rounded up everything we know about the next Nexus phone.
- Possible Nexus 5 has hit the FCC.
- Google announces Android 4.4 to be named Kit Kat.
- Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear.
- Spec comparison: Galaxy Note 3 vs. G2 vs. Moto X vs. Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One.
- Sony announced the Xperia Z1 and QX10, QX100 lenses.
- Blue HTC One phones are hitting Verizon stores.
- Qualcomm announces smartwatch, will go on sale next month for $300.
- LG G2 coming to Verizon on September 12.
Have a great weekend and be safe!