If you happen to be a part of the Chameleon launcher beta, then you’ll be happy to know that a new update was published last night to Google Play. Inside there are a ton of bug fixes along with some added features. Taking center stage is the ability to use custom wallpapers (finally), no longer needing your Google Play password for verification, and they have also laid the groundwork for many more widgets to come in future updates.
They haven’t given specifics on which widgets we can expect to see, but we look forward to it. Here is the full (huge) changelog:
Here are some of the things we’ve fixed/improved:
- Added ability to use custom wallpapers.
- Internet connection is no longer required when starting Chameleon.
- Users no longer need to enter their Google Play password during verification.
- Fixed issue where App Tray icons would sometimes be duplicated when getting App info.
- Improvements to Home Screen Manager interface.
- Improvements to Widget and Wallpaper icon graphics.
- Implemented additional Widget APIs in preparation for upcoming Widgets.
Here are some of the things we are still working on:
- GMail widget sometimes not working as expected.
- There aren’t enough widgets (no more widgets in this update, but subsequent updates will include more widgets).
- Widgets appearing blank (widget is still there, but no content is displayed).
- Widgets being drawn twice in the same area (text doubling).
- Chameleon can take a long time to start.
- Chameleon restarts when connecting/disconnecting from dock.
- Chameleon not working with ROM “X” (our current focus is on maximizing compatibility with official Android versions and tablets).
Our first walk through:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMIEw3mjkAY[/youtube]