The touch-based Clockwork Recovery that was teased late last week is now available in beta form if you would like to test it. I flashed it without any problems, cruised through menus and am now performing my first backup with it. So far, everything seems to work. Scrolling through lists of files can be a little difficult to control at this time, but again, it’s a beta so expect all of the polish to come as you all take the time to test and provide feedback. Otherwise Galaxy Nexus owners, get to it.
*We went with basic commands here. If some of this is foreign to you, I suggest you check out all of our complete instructions in the Galaxy Nexus Guide.
1. Download the file from above and place it in your SDK Tools or Platform-Tools folder.
*Wherever your adb.exe and fastboot.exe files are located, that’s where you copy the new recovery too.
2. Open a command prompt from within that folder (hold SHIFT and right click – choose “open command”)
3. Type the following commands:
adb reboot bootlooader
fastboot flash recovery touch-tuna.img
4. When that finishes pick up your phone and choose “Recovery mode” using the volume keys.
5. Your phone should boot into the new recovery.
6. Enjoy touching!