The CyanogenMod 9 music player that was teased a couple of weeks back is now available for download. The app will be in the market soon, but for now, you will have to download and manually install it via the link below. Why use this app over the stock Google Music app? For a few reasons.
- Long pressing and flinging gets you special actions
- You can search for songs in the market from almost any screen
- Share tracks with social outlets
- Customize the notifications music player
- It can easily be themed, meaning themes are on the way
- Shaking your phone or flipping it can activate special actions
- So much more…
One thing to note – this will not pull in your Google Music collection and is only for tracks on your device. To my knowledge, Google has not opened up that service to anyone, so until they do, you’ll have to load music onto your phone in order to take advantage of apps like these.
Install just as you would any other non-market application. Download, tap when finished, install, enjoy.
*Note – This more than likely will not work on anything that isn’t running Ice Cream Sandwich.