Just now entering public beta, Smartr Contacts is a way for users to combine all the information they can about people in their phone book, and place it all into one easy to use application. It crawls the web, digs through your social networks, and explores the catacombs that you call email accounts to find every person you need to know.
As an added “+1″, it even lists all these contacts in order of importance. Believe it. After looking at the features list, it’s almost creepy how detailed this app can get – and I thought Facebook was intrusive. Just kidding, Mr. Zuckerburg.
- Automatic. Finds all the people you know from your email, call, SMS or calendar history
- Personal. Puts a face to every name and email address
- Insightful. Detects and assigns phone numbers from email exchanges and Google Contacts
- Socially aware. Integrates Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Relevant. Ranks contacts by importance
- Convenient. Widgets make it easy to search your contacts from the home screen.
- Complete. Includes recent emails, calls, calendar events and SMS messages.
Market Link (Free)
Xobni has made a really good video too, which you can view on Vimeo, here. If you want to give the app a go, then click the market link and let us know what you think. Anyone in need of a ‘smart phone book’?