Yesterday, Google pushed out an update to their highly popular Google+ application. It isn’t just some small change either. It looks like the boys and girls at Google are investing their time and resources into the application, and it is quickly soaring over the usability of the Facebook app. Poor FB, it’s becoming extremely neglected lately. Google+ has now reached more than 20 some-odd million users, and is expected to grow at an exponential rate now that inviting friends has become an option for everyone. Watch out, Mark!
- Improved notifications reliability
- “_add to circle” notifications shown in bulk
- Share stream posts to individual people
- Clicking a +mention takes you to the person’s profile
- +mentions now autofill from your Circles
- Stream no longer resets to top when screen is rotated
- Nearby accuracy
- Start a 1:1 huddle from a person’s profile or a group huddle from a circle profile
- Hide 1:1 huddles
- Clickable links in huddles
- Improved auto-complete when adding a person to a huddle
Is everyone having a great time with Google+ so far? I suppose the main question is, has everyone received an invite yet? Go be a social butterfly and invite everyone you know.
Cheers @BlairAlton! 🙂