The leaked Gingerbread test build for the HTC Thunderbolt has already been zipped up and is ready for rooted users to flash. We’re hearing that the camera may be busted, but the rest of it should all work. It’ll upgrade you to Android 2.3.4 which is fun and all, but for the first time that I can recall on an HTC device, will upgrade the version of Sense to 2.1. All credit to @TeamAndIRC!
- Rename PG05IMG_gingerradio.zip to PG05IMG.zip and drop it onto the root of your SD Card.
- Put mecha_gingerjane.zip onto the root of your SD Card
- Boot into recovery
- Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Perform a factory reset
- Flash mecha_gingerjane.zip, DO NOT REBOOT
- Using ADB, reboot to bootloader
- adb shell
- reboot bootloader
- If in fastboot mode, switch to bootloader mode and allow the updated radios to flash.
*Note: If the zip you downloaded from above is version 1.2, you’ll also have to flash this file to fix activation.
*Note 2: There is a good chance that your camera will not work after flashing this.
Continued support and fixes can be found at this XDA thread.
Via: Android Police