One of our favorite developers, Fabolous, released his new Apex 1.4.0 for the DROIDX and DROID2 earlier this week and really polished up the look and feel. He got some help from the Liberty ROM crew to make what was already a good ROM, really great. You’ll find a new boot animation, toolbox, current versions of all the core apps, and a bunch of fixes.
If you are coming from Apex 1.3 you can probably update straight to this new version, but if you are coming from anything else including Liberty, you’ll need to do a full wipe.
– New Apex Toolbox (Terminal Based) to customize the ROM to the max
– New Boot Animation (thanks tntdroid!)
– New Background, Ringtone, Notification Tone (change of pace!)
– Taller GB Keyboard, same size as MT Keyboard (thanks kejar31!)
– Removed Data Throttling (thanks droidxchat for an awesome utility!)
– Core Apps all updated to latest versions (Gmail, ADW Launcher, Market, Search, etc.)
– Blacked out Google Talk app (ty kejar31!)
– Fixed Mms.apk w/ Android 2.3.2 routing fixes (won’t send to the wrong person!)
– MusicMod back by default, supports lock screen controls (ty kejar31!)
– FC @ Startup fixed (no more wait, power, reboot cycle!)
– Updated JRummy overclocking script (ty JRummy16!)
– Option to install leaked Motorola “Connected Player” in Toolbox
– Finally updated the Swype theme to “Blackout” (ty javroch!)