If you are a part of the Swype beta then there is a new version available for you to upgrade to today. To get it, you have to have been a registered tester in their program, meaning you need an email and login in order for it to work correctly. They suggest that you uninstall your old version including the installer and then download the new version from your phone here.
Here is the changelog:
- Added German and Portuguese languages
- Added the auto-space suppression short-cut gesture: Swype from the spacebar to backspace
- Added the quick language switch short-cut gesture: Swype from the Swype Key to the Q key
- Improved the word prediction algorithm to provide better support for additional languages
- Improved handling of several gesture collisions, including want/wasn’t, to/too and others
- The Android IME no longer sometimes hangs/crashes when Swype scrapes the user’s address book for dictionary entries
- Tips and help menus now accessible when a password field is active
- Backspace now works in applications which use raw key input instead of an editable text field (e.g. terminal emulator)
- The single character “i” is no longer incorrectly auto-capitalized in non-English languages (reported by many of you!)
- Tons of other minor bug-fixes, including many device-specific issues
What’s interesting is that this “beta” is version 126.96.36.19912 while the Droid 2’s official version is only 188.8.131.5280. Who knows right?