After running through our series on rooting your Motorola Droid with DroidMod 1.0 (parts 1, 2, 3) and then taking you through the custom ROM installation process with Ultimate Droid 5.0, we continued to receive requests on how to use Metamorph. And well, we finally were able to do it!
For those of you not familiar with Metamorph, it is essentially an application for rooted users which allows you to install custom themes on top of the Android OS. That really just means you can pick and choose to change your app drawer, notification bar, Facebook, etc. or go as far as changing everything. It’s a great tool for the creative developers in the business to show off their work.
The following video will walk you through the basic steps on using Metamorph and by no means is a “know all” guide for the application. Installing a custom theme onto your phone can definitely be confusing and risky, but if done correctly, very rewarding.
Before we get started there are a few things you need to do:
- Make sure you are rooted, have SPRecovery installed and a Nandroid backup.
- Install Metamorph. (Download through the market.)
- Find a custom theme that you wish to install.
- Move custom theme into your SDCard.
Here are a few themes to get you started:
- xHero-Theme v1.6 (Xeudoxus)
- xStock-Theme v1.2 (Xeudoxus)
- High-Res-Blue (mjones1052)
- High-Res-Pink (mjones1052)
- Glass1.01 (AdamZ)
And your tutorial…